Sign up for the One-O-Eight Challenge to help Edinburgh Community Yoga continue our valuable projects. In partnership with Meadowlark Yoga and lululemon Edinburgh Here to Be. Our aim is simple. 108 people. 108 sun salutations. £108 raised in sponsorship each. We know our yoga community can do ...
- My Story
108 people, 108 sun-salutations, £108
I'm fortunate enough to have found yoga in my own journey and benefited in so many ways - yoga has help transform my life. I'm also a student mental health nurse and from that perspective I fully support bringing yoga further into mental health settings. Help me support ECY in making yoga more accessible!
Here's some of the projects ECY will put funds towards -
1. Continue our work with local military veterans with PTSD and develop new veteran programmes and retreats in the city.
2. Expand our work in prisons and secure mental health settings.
3. Extend our important work with Ourmala supporting refugees and BME women in Edinburgh.
4. Continue our work with people in addiction recovery by continuing our womens yoga programme with Womenzone at Comas offering weekly classes and a retreat for women affected by trauma, giving them an opportunity to relax and come to terms with their experience.
5. Start a scholarship programme that offers outreach students the opportunity to apply to receive mentorship and scholarship to engage with yoga in other studios and in teacher training.
ECY really does help change people's lives. Any and all donations make a difference!